Master the world of accounting and financial decision-making with our comprehensive MSc program.
This MSc enables students to engage with and contribute meaningfully to financial decision making within their current or future organisations, and understand from a financial management perspective wider corporate governance issues and the responsibilities of company directors.
This online programme provides students with an opportunity to acquire, develop and apply master’s level knowledge, understanding and skills within accounting, financial management, and strategic contexts.
The programme draws on the expertise of the School of Management team at UCL who have designed and delivered a range of accounting, finance and management related courses, both on campus and online.
By studying this programme, students will:
- develop an understanding of financial ideas, models and techniques appropriate for solutions to management challenges.
- understand and apply financial ideas and frameworks within the sphere of financial reporting, the arena of management accounting, and the field of financial management.
- understand the strategic dimension when applying specific financial models and techniques to support both decision making and routine operations.
- understand the complex internal and external relationships for organisations when management make decisions.
- develop an analytical, critical, and reflective mindset relating to matters financial.
What qualifications do you need?
To qualify to register for the MSc you will need a bachelor degree which is considered at least comparable to a UK upper second class honours degree from an institution acceptable to the University.
English language requirements
You need a high standard of English to study this programme. You will meet our language requirements if you have achieved one of the following within the past three years:
- IELTS: at least 6.5 overall with 6.0 in the written test
- Pearson Test (Academic): at least 59 overall, with 59+ in reading and writing and 54+ in speaking and listening.
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English.
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (grade C or above).
- TOEFL iBT: at least 92 overall, with 22+ in reading and writing and 20+ in speaking and listening.
- If you do not meet the English language proficiency requirements but believe that you can demonstrate the requisite proficiency, the University may, at its discretion, consider your application.
We set minimum basic computer requirements because your study resources are accessed via the Student Portal and it is vital that you can access this regularly.
More about computer requirements(Opens in new window)
For the Capstone Project, students will need one of the following supported platforms:
- Mobile platforms of iOS, Android and Windows 10 support:
- iOS support OS version 8+ (free download available)
- Android support API level 19+ Version 4.4 - 4.4.4
- Windows 10 UWP version
- Icarus (Professional Accountancy) App (latest version)
Other specialised software may be made available by the University if required.